Zoning Board of Appeals
The ZBA is a semi-judicial body which:
- Interprets the local zoning ordinance and makes judgments on its meaning on special cases;
- Has authority to grant zoning "variances" which modify the use and area restrictions of a zoning ordinance where strict interpretations of the ordinance results in unusual constraints or unnecessary hardships for a property owner;
- May administer provisions of the ordinance that involve the granting of special permits for certain uses of land;
- Often required to interact with other boards or agencies (local, neighboring, County, State or Federal)
- Consists of 5 Members with 3-year term; 2 alternates with 1-year term.
- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of the Month at 8:00 PM in Village Hall.