BOARD OF TRUSTEES – 6:30 PM
MARCH 28 2017
6:30 pm: Open Public Meeting and consider motion to adjourn to Executive Session to discuss personnel issues.
7:30 pm: Regular Meeting to commence.
Prayer: Deputy Mayor Golio.
Statement by the Mayor on Dobbs Ferry’s Diversity
Presentation: Mayor to recognize Police Officer’s Adam Mietlowski and Stephen Betz.
Courtesy of the Floor
Matters Requiring Action:
1. Consider a motion to appoint Deputy Mayor Golio as a member of the Dobbs Ferry Local Development Corporation.
2. Consider a motion to approve Audit #1, Audit #2, Audit #3 and Audit #4 for March 2017 as recommended by the Village Treasurer.
3. Consider a motion to accept $3,000.00 as part of settlement of the lawsuit: Carrasquillo (ex rel.) v. S&S Fire Suppression Systems (qui-tam action).
4. Consider a motion to award the bid for demolition and abatement of 99 Cedar Street, (Old DPW site), to the lowest bidder, Tom Bucci Excavating for an amount of $144,100.00, as recommended by Building Inspector Ed Manley and that the funds will be expended from the insurance payment received for the loss.
5. Consider a motion to schedule a 2017/2018 Budget Workshop on March 30, 2017.
6. Consider a motion to schedule the second Public workshop on continuation of review of recommended changes to the Village Code.
7. Consider a resolution for the Dobbs Ferry Police Department to use the Town of Harrison Police Department Pistol Range; and authorize the Chief of Police to sign an Indemnification Agreement with the Town of Harrison for such use.
8. Consider a motion authorizing the Village Administrator to sign an Inter-Municipal Agreement with the Village of Ardsley, Village of Elmsford, Village of Hastings-on-Hudson, Village of Irvington, Village of Sleepy Hollow, Village of Tarrytown and the Town of Greenburgh for the purposes of borrowing, lending, exchanging and otherwise sharing vehicles, machinery, supplies, materials and/or equipment, without operators, with other municipalities.
9. Consider a motion authorizing the Village Administrator to sign an agreement with Millar Tree & Turf Specialist, Corp. for the 2017 Geese Control Program.
10. Consider a motion authorizing the Village Administrator to sign an agreement with Mercy College for use of their facilities for the Dobbs Ferry Recreation Department Summer Magic Camp.
11. Consider a motion to accept the improvements made to the Memorial Park Field by the Dobbs Ferry Little League.
12. Consider a motion to accept the safety improvements to be made to Memorial Park Field including labor, materials and supplies by the Dobbs Ferry Little League.
13. Consider a motion to approve the purchase of safety netting for the Memorial Park Field from the lowest quote received, Aluminum Athletic Equipment Co. for an amount of $8,747.00 as recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission and for the funds to be expended from the Recreation Fund.
14. Consider a motion to certify and approve the 2016 Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Ambulance Corps Service Awards Points listing.
15. Consider a motion to certify and approve the 2016 Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Fire Fighters Service Awards Points listing.
16. Consider a motion to approve the following actions of the Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Fire Department as recommended by Mr. Edward Knecht, Secretary: 1) Accept resignation of Steven Deavult and remove his name from the active insurance rolls; 2) Add Mr. Edward Knecht III to the Livingston Hose Company and have his name placed onto the active insurance rolls; and 3) Add Mr. John Capone to the Livingston Hose Company and have his name placed onto the active insurance rolls.
17. Consider a motion to adopt a resolution in support of Assembly Bill A711, (Volunteer Firefighters Benefit Law: Cancer Presumptive Bill), as recommended by Chief Gerry McIlvain.
18. Consider a motion to approve a request from the Dobbs Ferry Youth Little League to have their Annual Opening Ceremony Parade on April 22, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
19. Consider a motion to approve a request from the Girls Scouts to sell cookies at the train station on April 7, 2017.
20. Consider a motion to set October 14, 2017 as the date for the 2017 Ferry Festa.
Minutes: February 28, 2017
Correspondence and Claims