United Water - Water Main Replacement
- Published on 07 December 2013
United Water Main Replacement
United Water will be replacing a water main on Broadway in the area of Esterwood Avenue.
Work will commence on Monday, December 9, 2013 and is scheduled to be completed on Monday, December 23, 2013.
The contractor will be in the street from 9:00am-3:00pm each day.
On Friday, December 13, 2013 additional work will commence at 9:00pm and continue until approximately 3:00am on Saturday, December 14, 2013.
Residents should anticipate heavy volume traffic and delays during these times.
Avoiding the area, use of alternate routes and/or carpooling is strongly recommended during these times.
Holiday Safety Tips
- Published on 05 December 2013
Holiday Safety Tips from the Dobbs Ferry Police Department.
Holiday Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Lock your door and set your burglar alarm when you are away from home.
- Leave a light or two on when you’re not at home.
- Arrange for packages to be delivered when you are at home or to a location where they can be personally accepted.
- If you are going away stop the mail and newspaper or ask a neighbor to take them in.
- Lock car doors.
- Do not leave items such as phones, pocketbooks, wallets, cash/coins, GPS, garage door openers and/or packages visible in your car.
Rec: Holiday Hustle 5k Run and Kids Fun Run
- Published on 19 November 2013
Holiday Hustle 5K Run and Kid's Fun Run!
December 15th, 2013 starting at 9:30AM
Location Start: Mercy College 555 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry, NY
Finish: 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY
Prices: Runners over the age of 14 - $25 pre-registration / $30 day of race
Runners ages 10-14 - $15 pre-registration / $20 day of race
We are also hosting a 1K Reindeer Run for kids ages 5-10 years old on Cedar and Main street. $5 each.
- Free holiday hustle long sleeve tshirt and holiday hat for the first 150 people to register.
- Packets pick up day of race starting at 8:00am at Mercy College.
- Awards to top female and male in each group and overall female and male.
- Awards for best holiday costume male and female along with best holiday group costume.
- Portion of the proceeds benefit the holiday gift drive for Dobbs Ferry families in need.
- Hot chocolate and cookies at finish for all participants.
If you have any questions please contact the Dobbs Ferry Recreation Department at 914-693-0024.
To participate, please download the flyer and complete the application form at the bottom.
Mayor's Newsletter - 11/25/2013
- Published on 25 November 2013
Here is a quick update on village government and things going on in Dobbs Ferry.
To begin, we wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful in Dobbs Ferry - The best village workers, great institutions that enhance our community, volunteers who care and give back, seniors who teach us to appreciate where we come from, great neighbors, a vibrant business and cultural community, outstanding schools, and engaged youth who represent our village so well ... and we are all here together in this wonderful place along the beautiful shores of the Hudson River. It is all good, and much to be thankful for. Thank You to all of the many volunteers who help those in our community who are in need - throughout the year.
RFP- Concrete Sidewalk, Concrete Curbing and Blacktop Repair
- Published on 20 November 2013
ADVERTISEMENT AND NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed proposals for performing the work herein described will be received by the Village Board of Dobbs Ferry, New York, at the Office of the Village Clerk, Village Hall, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, New York 10522, until December 9'h at 10:00 a.m. and immediately thereafter the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud in said office.
The work consists of constructing concrete sidewalks, concrete curbs and blacktop repair in accordance with the scope of work. The areas of work are located within the Village limits. Other related work shall include preparing, restoring and cleaning the project area all in accordance with the specifications as directed by the highway superintendent.
Contract Documents may be obtained at the above office ofthe Village Clerk on or after 2:00 P.M., Monday November 25, 2013.
Bids shall be made on the Bid Proposal Forms furnished with the Specifications.
Proposals shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope bearing the name and address of the Bidder, addressed to the Village of Dobbs Ferry, The Village Hall, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, New York and endorsed" Concrete Sidewalk, Concrete Curbing and Blacktop Repair", Dobbs Ferry, New York.
The Village of Dobbs Ferry reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, to waive any informality in any Bid, and to award the Contract to other than the lowest Bidder if deemed in the best interest of the Village to do so.
The successful low bidder will be required to provide insurance to the Village which names the Village additionally insured and indemnifies and holds the Village harmless of any claims.
Dated November 22, 2013
Liz Dreaper, Village Clerk