BOARD OF TRUSTEES – 6:30 PM
AUGUST 14, 2018
6:30 pm: Open Public Meeting and consider motion to adjourn to Executive Session to discuss personnel and legal issues.
7:30 pm: Regular Meeting to commence.
Pledge of Allegiance
Prayer: Deputy Mayor Cassell
Appointments and Oath of Office:
1. Consider a motion to appoint Ms. Amanda Strobl, Mr. Julius Derevjanik, and Mr. Brad Scala, as Police Officers at an annual salary of $50,000.00, effective on August 15, 2018 at 0000 hours.
2. Mayor McLoughlin to administer the oath of office to Police Officer Amanda Strobl.
3. Mayor McLoughlin to administer the oath of office to Police Officer Julius Derevjanik.
4. Mayor McLoughlin to administer the oath of office to Police Officer Brad Scala.
5. Consider a motion to provisionally appoint Sergeant Sean White as Lieutenant at an annual salary of $144,857.00, effective on August 15, 2018 at 0000 hours.
6. Mayor McLoughlin to administer the oath of office to Lieutenant Sean White.
Courtesy of the Floor (Please limit comments to no more than 3 minutes)
Matters Requiring Action:
1. Consider motion to retain the services of Potomac-Hudson Environmental to conduct groundwater testing for a minimum of 2018 and 2019 and for a maximum of five (5) years at the northern portion of the Waterfront Park as mandated by NYSDEC for an amount totaling $81,963.00 as recommended by the Village's Consulting Engineer. This five (5) year period (with corresponding cost reduction) may be reduced if samples provide acceptable results.
2. Consider a motion to accept approximately 4+acres of property (Chauncey Park) from the County for the sum of $1.
3. Consider a motion to approve Change Order No. 1 for General Contractor Optimus Construction in the amount of $325,580.00 due to increase in costs for materials caused by market forces.
4. Consider a motion to authorize the Chief of Police to sign an agreement with the Westchester County Department of Public Safety Services for use of the County Firing Range, at no cost to the Village.
5. Consider a motion to approve Audits #1, #2 and #3 for August 2018 as recommended by the Village Treasurer.
6. Consider a motion to approve Fiscal Year End Budget Transfers for the budget year ending May 31, 2018 as recommended by the Village Treasurer.
7. Consider motion to refund the owners of 51 Maple Street, (Salerno 3.50-16-41), the sum of $375.38 for the Veterans exemption and adjust the Assessment Roll accordingly.
8. Consider a motion to call for a public hearing on September 11, 2018 to establish parking restrictions for the 99 Cedar Street Parking Lot.
9. Consider a resolution in opposition to proposed plans for Coastal Storm Risk Management without sufficient study or community participation.
1. July 17, 2018
Correspondence and Claims