BOARD OF TRUSTEES – 6:30 PM
SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
6:30 pm: Open Public Meeting and consider motion to adjourn to Executive Session to discuss personnel issues.
7:30 pm: Regular Meeting to commence.
Prayer: Trustee Sullivan.
1. Mayor’s special presentation to Police Chief Betsy Gelardi.
Oath of Office:
1. Mayor Connett to administer the oath of office for the position of Police Chief.
2. Mayor Connett to administer the oath of office promoting Police Officer Justin Kamke to Police Sergeant.
1. Energy Task Force presentation on the proposed Climate Action Plan and consideration by the Board to adopt the plan.
Courtesy of the Floor
Matters Requiring Action:
1. Consider a motion to award Mr. Francis Farrington a Pre-Entitlement Aged Total and Permanent Disability Benefit for an amount of $70,486.65 from the Fire Department Length of Service Award Program.
2. Consider a motion to approve a request from iPic Gold Class Entertainment for a waiver of Village Code §300-50 Signs. B-General standards. (5)(b) (Exterior lights uplighting).
3. Consider a motion to authorize the Village Administrator to sign a rental agreement with Mercy College for use of the Rotunda on October 15, 2017.
4. Consider a motion to approve Audits #3 and #4 for September 2017 as recommended by the Village Treasurer.
5. Consider a motion to authorize the Village Administrator to sign the Snow and Ice Agreement ext. 2016-2017 with the New York State Department of Transportation.
6. Consider a motion to schedule a public hearing on October 10, 2017 to consider a Local Law to change the name of Livingstone Avenue.
7. Consider a motion to accept Mr. Samuel Queen and Mr. Sean Mahoney as Mutual Aid Members of the Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Fire Department and adding their names to the active insurance rolls, as recommended by Mr. Edward Knecht/Secretary, Dobbs Ferry Volunteer Fire Department.
8. Consider a motion to approve a request from the DFPTSA to post signage at various Village locations and a banner at the Gould Park fence for the DFPTSA Pumpkin Fair on October 21, 2017.
9. Consider a motion to approve a request from the Dobbs Ferry Woman’s Club to post signage at various Village locations; a banner at the Gould Park fence; and a banner at the Stop & Shop fence, for the Dobbs Ferry Haunted House event on October 28, 2017.
10. Consider a request from Ms. Theresa Singleton to have a block party on Maplewood Avenue on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Minutes: September 12, 2017 and September 22, 2017.
Correspondence and Claims