The Clerk's Office, located in Village Hall, is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Village Clerk is appointed to a two-year term. The Clerk has custody of all Village records, papers, books and communications, as well as the reports and communications of the Board of Trustees.
At meetings of the Board of Trustees, the Village Clerk serves as Clerk of the Board and keeps records of the meetings. The Clerk is responsible for preparing and preserving the minutes of their meetings. In addition, the Clerk compiles a record of all Village resolutions and local laws.
- The Clerk's Office issues various Licenses and Permits including: Garage Sale Permits, Handicapped Permits, Peddler's Permits, Film Permits and Taxi Llicenses/Permits.
- The Village Clerk serves as the Registrar of Vital Statistics and maintains and issues certified copies of birth and death records of the Village. Marriage records from the years 1873 to 1906 are available at Village Hall. (In 1906 the Town of Greenburgh took over the maintenance of marriage records in the Village)
- The Village Clerk is the Public Access Information Officer and processes all requests for records under the Freedom of Information Law.
- The Village Clerk’s Office also provides tax records and collection of taxes.
- The Village Clerk is a Notary Public.
|Elizabeth Dreaper||Village Clerk|