Building Dept. Temporary Inspection & Permit Procedures
- As per Phase 1 of the NYS opening, Construction is once again permitted, although social distancing and all State guidelines must be followed.
- All appointments will be made via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permits are still applied for online as before and signed documents, plans and checks may be mailed to Building Dept. 112 Main St. Dobbs Ferry NY 10522 or placed in the drop lock box (24/7) in the Village Hall 1st. fl. lobby across from the Police desk.
- Our inspectors will wear Personal Protective Equipment please practice the same safety procedures.
- Limit the number of people in the occupancy to the one person responsible for the work being inspected (ie; framing/carpenter, plumbing/plumber ect.)
- Do not attempt to make physical contact with the inspector and keep a minimum 6’ of space between you and the inspector
- If anyone connected to the occupancy or work presents any symptoms of illness, contact us to cancel the appointment.
- All Landscaping is essential work
BUILDING DEPARTMENT SERVICES:
- Process applications and issue permits for Building, Plumbing, Electric, Signs, Tree Removal, On Street Dumpster, Demolition and Erosion Control
- Land Use determination
- Refer and accept submittals for Boards, including; Planning, Zoning and Architectural & Historic Review
- Code Enforcement
- Perform inspections for construction compliance and fire safety
- Investigate complaints pertaining to construction, zoning and property maintenance. When warranted, issue violations.
- Maintains Department records
Deadlines for Board submittals and meeting dates are posted on the Village Calendar
|BUILDING DEPARTMENT STAFF|
|Dan Roemer||Building Inspector||(914)-231-8505||E-mail: email@example.com|
|John Stone||Assistant Building Inspector||(914)-231-8549||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fire Inspector||(914)-231-8509||E-mail: email@example.com|
|Sarah Collins||Senior Office Assistant||(914)-231-8511||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|