Why can’t we go back to the old system? I just want to walk up to the police window, fill out the application and pay like I always have.
We introduced this online system for multiple reasons: 1) some residents have been asking for an online method to apply and pay for permits for many years. They prefer not to have to wait in line. 2) the COVID pandemic has led us to pursue remote ways of doing business in many aspects of our operations. 3) By digitizing the application process, we make our operations more efficient and we free up our police officers to perform other essential public safety functions.
Because it is often easiest to do things the way they have always been done, conversion to a new system can be challenging. For this reason, and because we want to discourage in-person interaction as much as possible during the pandemic, we are not allowing in-person applications at this time. We would like you to do your best to learn the new online system. We will notify residents once in-person applications are once again permitted.
I am confused by the registration process.
- Navigate to the CitySquared website and click on register in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on register at the bottom of the square screen that appears.
- Fill out name, email and phone information, and click “register”
- Finish registration by logging into your email account and locating the email from CitySquared, and confirm your registration.
- The CitySquared login page should appear. If not, navigate back to the site and login.
- Proceed to apply for a permit by clicking on “Apply for a Permit” in the left side navigation bar. You do not need to search for your property on the map when applying for parking permits.
- The first time you apply for a permit, the system will ask you for more detailed information. Because we also use CitySquared for building permits, much of the information is extraneous and not required for your application. Under “role” you may select owner, occupant, tenant or non-resident depending on your situation. Proceed with parking permit application.
Why do I have to search for my property in order to apply for a parking permit?
You don’t. Once you log into CitySquared, you should be able to click on “Apply for a Permit” in the left side navigation bar and opt for parking permits.
What if I don’t want to pay the “convenience fee” for the online payment?
Please fill out the application online and submit it. You may opt to “pay by mail” by clicking the box in the lower left corner of the payment screen. Please send a check payable to the Village of Dobbs Ferry to:
Dobbs Ferry Police Department
Attn: Parking Permits
112 Main Street
Dobb Ferry, NY 10522
Please make sure that you include the name associated with the parking permit application on your check.
Do I need to upload both my driver’s license and my vehicle registration?
Yes. Every permit application requires both a driver’s license and a vehicle registration. If your documents do not reflect your current address, please upload a utility bill as well.
What if I forgot to attach my vehicle registration or my driver’s license to my application?
Instructions for adding a document to your submitted application:
- Log back into the CitySquared site using your username and password.
- In the navigation menu in the column on the left, click on dashboard. A list of your applications, documents, fees and permits should appear.
- Find the relevant application that has been submitted, and click on the “upload documents” button to the left of the application.
- Upload your document, and click “update.”
- Your application has now been updated and will be reviewed by our police department.
What if I did not pay the permit fee before submitting my online application and now I want to pay online?
The following are the instructions to log back into your account and pay the fees:
- Click on this link to access the online permit system: https://www.citysquared.com/#/app/map/DobbsFerryVillageNY
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click on “Login”.
- Enter your email address and your password.
- On the navigation bar on the left side of your screen, click on “Dashboard”.
- Find your parking permit application in the dropdown menu under “Applications” and double click on it.
- Your application number should appear in the upper left corner of the screen, your vehicle info should appear, and the documents you uploaded to your application should be listed.
- In the upper right corner of the application information window, there should be a green button, that says “Pay fees”. Click on it.
- You have the option to pay online, or if you want to mail in a check, you click the check box in the lower left hand corner.
- After you pay, you will receive an email from our police department when your permit sticker is ready to be collected.
If you have any problems or questions, you can call Sarah Collins at (914) 231-8564.
What if I paid for a permit and then purchased a new vehicle half way through the year. Do I need to buy a new permit?
No. Please fill out an online application with your new vehicle information including uploading your driver’s license and new car registration. On the final page where it asks you for payment, you may opt for “pay by mail” by clicking the box in the lower left corner. Then submit your permit application. Please follow this up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining that you purchased a new vehicle and would like to switch out your old permit. You will need to bring in your old permit in exchange for the new one.
When will permits valid from June 2021- May 2022 go on sale?
New permits will go on sale in May. If you purchased a permit in 2020, it will remain valid through May 31, 2021. Those who did not purchase a permit last year, may buy a temporary permit now at a discounted rate.